Pizza dip, I LOVE pizza dip!
These is a great recipe, quick to make and fun to serve company. I have been making this recipe for years; it’s one of my family’s favourites.
I usually serve mine with toasted pita or naan (since Costco no longer sells my favourtie pitas). But I have also served with taco chips.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1/2 cup finely sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup packed shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8" casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions, pepperoni and oregano. Cook and stir until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth then stir in shredded cheese. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom of the casserole dish, then spread sauce over cheese. Sprinkle pepperoni and veggie mixture over sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until edges are bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with pita wedges, chips or crackers.
- This recipe originally comes from my favorite cookbook Looneyspoons (also found in Eat, Shrink and Be Merry). I have modified it to make it unhealthy but it is super easy to lessen the calories but using turkey pepperoni, light cheeses and low fat sour cream.